Advanced Search
New Edzell Castle

New Edzell Castle

Site#: NEC
Named for Davidella “Davie” Lindsay Worcester’s ancestral home in Scotland, the first mansion built on Bird Key was New Edzell Castle. It was later bought by John Ringling in 1922 and occupied by his sister Ida Ringling North until her death in 1950. It was demolished in 1959 by the Arvida Corporation for the development of Bird Key. Contents of the house were retained by John Ringling and later included in the Ca' d'Zan.